Friday, November 18, 2011

My First Bloggers United Bazaar Experience (and Why I Look Forward to Bloggers United 2!)

It was a Friday night and I came to Bloggers United Bazaar straight after work. For those of you who don’t know what it is, it’s like a sosyal version of an ukay-ukay minus the musty smell, plus entertainment, plus top fashion bloggers, plus a great selection of clothes and accessories. It’s just neat that I have been able to meet my favorite fashion bloggers in person and get to buy some of their pre-loved stuff too. Curious? Read the rest of my Bloggers United Bazaar experience after the jump.

I got to Malayan Plaza at around 7PM. The event started at around 9 or 10 in the morning, and I’ve heard some people took a day off just to get the first dibs at the items. But since I can’t afford to do the same thing, I settled for the remaining pieces during the evening (which is really sad). I paid an entrance fee of Php 100. When I got in, some of the fashion bloggers have already sold out their items earlier so they already left and I didn’t have the chance to see them. Nevertheless, the crowd was still pretty much alive as there were still a good number of bloggers selling and a lot of people coming in. On the background I saw sister duo Raleene and Rizza Cabrera giving a soulful rendition of Adele’s ‘Rolling in the Deep’. And boy I was blown away by their awesome performance!


I have bought a few pieces of clothes and accessories at affordable prices ranging from Php 50-250. I bought a mini skirt from Patricia Prieto, a bracelet from (I forgot her name), cropped pants from Tin Iglesias, a loose top from Raleene Cabrera, a summery mini halter dress from Dominique Tiu, and a pendant necklace from The Plump Pinay. I also got to meet the mom baker behind Sophie’s Mom. In fact, we had a really long conversation and I really appreciated her time and effort to entertain me. I also tried their mochi ice cream and red velvet cupcake and they’re both delish!



bloggers-united-2-poster



I wanted to buy more stuff that night but unfortunately, I had a small budget to work with. But now that Bloggers United 2 is nearing and I’ll be getting my 13th month pay soon, I will really make up for my frustration. This time I’m coming earlier! I plan to buy shoes, and cute long-sleeved tops, and more shoes! I’m also looking forward to see Lovechic, Camille Co, Kryz Uy, Divine Lee, Daryll and Andre Chang, and Nina Estacio! I was kinda hoping that the event would be held somewhere in Ortigas but anyway, it wouldn’t stop me from going!


With that, I hope to win one of the 20 tickets Melai of Style and Soul blog will be giving away. Hey, Php 100 is a big deal for the frugal me. Crossing my fingers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are very much welcome but let's keep them on a positive tone, shall we? :-)