Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Product Review: Maybelline Color Sensational Lipstick in Soft Azallea

It's been over a year since hot pink lips became the trend here in the Philippines, yet people can't seem to get over it. I thought this year the trend would shift to coral. Yes, I saw some who followed it but the pink craze is still pretty much on! I think it's because pink is a youthful, feminine and casual color. You can wear it while strolling on a mall, bonding with your girl friends, going on a date, or even at work. The possibilities are endless when wearing a pink lipcolor.

The typical Pinay may sometimes find pink intimidating since it mostly looks good on women with fair skintones. But actually, it's just a matter of finding the right shade of pink. Back then, I felt a little off wearing pink lipcolor because I thought it only emphasizes my nc42 "morena" complexion. But now, I wear pink with confidence and it actually makes me feel prettier.

Maybelline Color Sensational Lipstick in Soft Azalea (photo taken from Inside a Cat's Mind blog)

(Photo taken from Inside a Cat's Mind blog)

I own two shades of pink lipstick right now; one's light strawberry pink and the other's hot pink. Speaking of the latter, I'll be doing a product review of Maybelline Color Sensational Moisture Extreme Lipstick in Soft Azallea (PC41). It currently retails at P299 but I bought it at Watson's at 20% off. At first, I was unsure if I can pull off a hot pink lip but I eventually adjusted to it. (I think my chinita features help me pull off the pink lip) I liked it even more when I found out that the color looks vibrant on photos. And it really is moisturizing, sometimes I skip off the lipbalm.


Lip Swatches of Maybelline Color Sensational Lipstick in Soft Azallea
(under diff. lighting conditions)

Indoor, Night (w/flash)

Indoor, Daytime (w/o flash)

Under fluorescent light (w/ flash)

Indoor, Cloudy (w/o flash) I'm the girl on the left-most side lol


The only cons about it is that it emphasizes flaws on my skin the way red lipstick can. And it's sheer so I need to reapply more to get my desired shade. Fortunately, the brightness of the pink slightly conceals my pigmented lips. I also noticed that the color easily wipes out but leaves a rosy tint that lasts for a few more hours. Sometimes the tint stays on your lips even after brushing teeth. In that case, you can swipe it off with a cotton pad and Maybelline make-up remover or any oil-based makeup remover.

I recommend this lipstick for women with ages 16-30. This is a good choice when your lips need a wash of color for casual days. This color suits fair to light medium skintones. If you have oily or problem-prone skin, I think you should skip this lipcolor. This lipstick is best worn with confidence and a great smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are very much welcome but let's keep them on a positive tone, shall we? :-)