Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Product Review: V&M Naturals Bare It All Cream

I've always been fond of whitening stuff. Typical modern-day Pinay huh. Before, it was my ugly-duckling phase that led me to try different kinds of over-the-counter whitening creams. I admit I got a little obsessed with the "mestiza mentality" because I envied how some girls have that flawless, creamy white skin that I wished I was born with. But now that I've come to embrace my tan complexion, I just want my skin to be healthy,even-toned, radiant, and youthful-looking. I don't aim for drastic whitening anymore just like what Bale did to hers. No offense meant; I respect her personal choice. I still want people to recognize me for skin that I was born with, only better this time.


Along with my realization, my beauty philosophies have changed over the years. Before, I thought that my skin problems can only be solved by using those popular brands that I see in commercials. That was before I came to know of V&M Naturals through a popular online beauty forum. Viewing their Multiply site, I've learned that V&M  is the first brand to introduce authentic emu oil-based organic skin care products here in the Philippines and they've been on the business for already three years. I've seen a lot of positive reviews about their products so I thought I'd give it a try.



The first product I bought from V&M was the CPC+G "It" Whitening Treatment and it turned me into an instant V&M convert! The second time around I purchased three products, one of which was the Bare It All Cream. V&M described that this cream helps whiten and smoothen the roughest and darkest areas of the body. Also, it has two variants: Mentholated Mango Mandarin Dash and Pure Mango Mandarin Dash. I chose the latter because I think I don't need something minty for the cold season.

You might think it smells like lavender but it's actually mango =)


BIA comes in a tub so I have to make sure that my fingers clean before dipping on it. Before using it, I mixed 4 pumps of CPC+G treatment to add a whitening kick (it should be 2-3 pumps only but I broke the rule sorry teehee). I use it twice a day, after bathing. I apply it on certain body parts which need a little more TLC: my neck, nape, elbows, underarms (night only), back, tummy, buttocks, inner thighs, knees, and feet. Then I top it off with my non-V&M body lotion  (I'm trying to finish it up before I switch to a V&M lotion. Sayang din kasi eh lol). I love BIA's fragrant mango smell and my skin didn't itch at all. And in only a matter of three applications, I began to notice its lightening effect. I noticed that the skin around the knees got lighter than my thighs. As for the moisturizing part, it may need a little more push but it's enough to heal dry spots like my cracked heels lol. I noticed that it also helped remove the chicken skin on my underarms. I guess have to wait till I finish the product to see optimal results.

It's been only a few days since I started using it but I'm close to emptying it! I guess that's how much I love it hehe.I can't wait to try the other V&M products but I'm pretty sure I'll be buying another jar of BIA once it runs out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are very much welcome but let's keep them on a positive tone, shall we? :-)