Saturday, September 10, 2011

Different Looks with NYX Round and Soft Matte Lippies (PHOTOS)

The first time I saw the wide range of NYX products, it really got me curious because they have a good selection for a drugstore brand. NYX lippies have this enticing appeal because of their seemingly good pigmentation, but of course I need to hold on to something before I drop my moolah. Unfortunately I found it difficult to see good swatches of NYX online on a similar complexion as mine (I think I’m a cross between olive and yellow undertones). Good thing my shopaholic instincts didn’t fail me on choosing the right shades (except for the Black Label Black Cherry shade, I thought I was deceived!) So here you go, more realistic swatches for tan-skinned girls like us. Enjoy!

My NYX Looks

 
(Note: I used NYX Powder Blush in Dusty Rose in most of the pics. It’s a winner!)
 
 
nyx-lipstick-1
(NYX Round Lipstick Thalia – pinkish brown nude. Really believe it looks best with smoky eyes/defined eyes. Otherwise, it makes me look washed out)
 
 
nyx-lipstick-2
(Lips au naturel -- just had to include this lol)
 
 
nyx-lipstick-3
(Not a NYX lippie but blush is)
 
 
nyx-lipstick-4
(Nyx Soft Matte Stockholm – MLBB)
 
 
nyx-lipstick-5
(NYX Stockholm up close)
 
 
nyx-lipstick-6
(NYX Soft Matte Antwerp - Peachy pink. Great for tanned skin!)
 
 
Segue: Read my review on  the NYX products I currently have here: http://honeysessentials.blogspot.com/2011/09/my-nyx-haul-yes-i-am-nyx-addict.html
 
 
 
nyx-lipstick-7
(NYX Antwerp again…lovely isn’t it?)
 
 
nyx-lipstick-8
(Antwerp up close)
 
 
nyx-lipstick-9
(Can’t get enough of Antwerp!)
 
 
nyx-lipstick-10
(Antwerp, indoor fluorescent lighting)
 
 
nyx-lipstick-16
(Antwerp, daylight)
 
 
nyx-lipstick-11
(Nyx Ulysses – provides a nice contrast to skin. Perfect for workwear)
 
 
nyx-lipstick-12
(NYX Ulysses up close)
 
 
nyx-lipstick-17
NYX Round Lipstick Paris (So mod!)
 
 
nyx-lipstick-18
Nyx Round Lipstick Perfect (My dependable MLBB shade =) )

 
So which shade do you think suits me best? I hope you can find your own NYX shade too. =)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are very much welcome but let's keep them on a positive tone, shall we? :-)